Everything you need to know about U-Visa

When a person is the victim of a crime they can apply for U Nonimmigrant Status
(U-Visa). It is set aside for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or
physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement or government officials in the
investigation or prosecution of criminal activity.

An immigrant with a U visa can live in the United States legally for up to four years. And
they can apply for a Green Card, if they have been physically present in the United
States for a continuous period of at least three years while in U nonimmigrant status.

Applying for qualifying family members

The US government also offers U visas to family members. The eligible people are:
● Parents (if the victim is under 21).
● Children (if they are under 21).
● Spouse.
● Unmarried siblings under 18 (as long as the main person getting the U visa is
under 21).

What crimes qualify for U-Visa?

@taghaviimmigrationlaw Need help? Contact us! #greencard #attorney #usimmigration #immigrants #uscitizen #uvisa #victimofabuse #uscitizenship #visau ♬ original sound – Soulmaz Taghavi, Esq.

Can you apply for work authorization with your U-Visa application?

@taghaviimmigrationlaw #workauthorization #richmondva #phoenixaz #immigrationattorney #abogadodeinmigracion #abogadaentiktok #uvisa #workpermit ♬ original sound – Soulmaz Taghavi, Esq.

If you have any questions, give us a call: 804-408-3522 or schedule a FREE
Immigration Screening, here. Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram and stay
tuned for the latest immigration news.