A J-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa category that allows foreigners to participate in an approved program for the purpose of teaching, instructing or lecturing. The J-1 visa program authorizes Au Pairs or nannies participants to reside legally in the United States for 12 months while caring for children in a program-approved host family.

Au pairs or nannies may apply for an extension of stay to continue participating in the program for an additional 6, 9 or 12 months, but what if you want to continue working with your nanny for a long-term? Attorney Soulmaz Taghavi explains the process in the video below:

@taghaviimmigrationlaw Yes, your nanny
or au pair can stay working for you long-term! #j1visa #nannyvisa #aupairusa #greencard #immigration #attorney
Where Have You Been x The Hills – DJ L BEATS

If you think you qualify for an extension, the best thing you can do is to consult with an immigration attorney. You can schedule a FREE Immigration Screening with us, here; select your preferred language, date and time. We offer consultation over the phone and online.

Make sure to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and stay tuned for the latest immigration news.